UX UI Designer - no remote for this role
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Lead all aspects of a product’s design, in an agile work environment, utilizing other designer’s expertise as deemed necessary. Work with product managers to perform necessary user research and specify user interfaces using iterative design techniques. Leverage and contribute to a developing Design System of components to ensure consistency across the product ecosystem.
• Participate regularly with other UX designers in critique sessions, sharing design ideas, understanding design goals and improving design work.
• Create a wide variety of UX/UI deliverables that fit the specific design challenge, including, personas, research findings, white board sketches, mockups, prototypes and wire frames.
• Demonstrate a passion to learn independently and share UX knowledge and expertise with others.
• Prototype ideas quickly and share with stakeholders and user advisory groups, iterating and focusing ideas into a minimal viable product.
• Create responsive designs that maximize the user’s experience on desktop and all mobile devices.
• Invent and re-use scalable, common design patterns in the Design System.
• Work with front-end developers to ensure designs comply with WCAG 2.0 guidelines.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes product managers, developers, quality assurance engineers and technical writers.
• Lead the product design of a project, selecting the best available interaction patterns in the design system and determining when new interaction patterns are needed.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Communicates large and complicated concepts to UX and other teammates easily. Is able to adjust communication style to context.
• Works well with other team disciplines and is able to encourage teams to adopt UX design solutions, but also can adapt designs to time and feasibility constraints.
• Applies the basics of visual design principles in their design work such as visual hierarchy, proximity, similarity, font selection and color theory.
• Demonstrates an understanding of visual, layout and content accessibility guidelines in their design work.