Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Train employees to applicable Operation Instructions (OI), Standard Manufacturing Practice (SMP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Equipment set-up and performance of related first piece inspection to insure achievement of desired quality levels.
- Performance of ongoing quality checks, recording of requested data and timely reporting of discrepancies.
- Monitoring of machine and process variables, taking corrective action as required and promptly reporting conditions negatively impacting quality, output, or equipment performance.
- Interface with electronic quality, production and documentation systems providing accurate information.
- Completion of any other activities required to deliver finished piece parts to the specified quality levels on a timely basis.
- Comply with EHS regulations and policies.
- Demonstrated ability to understand oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand, and interpret mechanical drawings including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Demonstrated ability in shop mathematics to include addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division decimals and fractions.
- Have ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to set-up and operate various numerically controlled machines and other precision metal removal equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to use mechanical measuring devices such as micrometers, height gauges, indicators, etc.
- Requires the ability to lift 25 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- Able to discriminate visually to perform various checks.
- Bending motions from waist required.
- Repetitive hand and wrist motion required.
- Extended period of standing/sitting.