Cases may involve complex issues of law, such as appeals arising from Medicare overpayment determinations, non-sample audits, or statistical sampling extrapolations involving thousands of claims and extremely high monetary amounts.
· Prepares certified administrative record for U.S. Federal Court or U.S. District Court
· Screens claim files for completeness, proper jurisdiction, and other designated elements
· Dockets new appeals in the electronic case filing system MODACTS and/or e-Filing system
· Contacts HHS contractors to obtain ALJ claim files and/or retrieving electronic ALJ file from HHS secure server downloading document(s) to the Medicare Appeals File Convert AAJ final action documents into PDF format utilizing Adobe Pro and uploading to MODACTS and/or e-Filing system
· Perform other paralegal duties as assigned
· US Citizen who has lived in the U.S. three out of the last five years
· Ability to pass an in-depth criminal background check
· Paralegal Certificate or Diploma
· Knowledge of paralegal methods, practices, and procedures.
· Ability to analyze issues and apply laws and regulations to facts presented.
· Demonstrated finance experience in reviewing expenditures, ordering supplies, and preparing training and supply requisitions.
· Experience typing and formatting correspondence and legal forms
· Proficient in operating a personal computer and in using various Word Processing Software such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Pro.