Mechanical Engineer - Test Facility Design
Cincinnati, OH 45215
Test Facilities Infrastructure Engineering (TFIE) is a group of Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical Engineers whose mission is to provide engineering services for design and build-up of test infrastructure systems in support of the engineering initiatives. TFIE integrates test cell systems capabilities to the test article while striving to exceed customer expectations. Test sites supported include all development engine and component test cells in facilities. TFIE also has engineering responsibility for all production and services engine test cells around the world.
The Mechanical Engineer will focus on leading projects that require mechanical engineering acumen within the TFIE group.
1) Design and lead the installation of hydraulic, fuel, lube, and compressed air piping systems from a mechanical engineering perspective. This includes specifying and selecting fluid flow components such as pumps, valves, filters, and heat exchangers.
2) Define and manage the installation of vendor-provided mechanical systems included hoists, ventilation, fire protection, compressors, and pumps.
3) Design piping systems in accordance with ASME B31.1 (Code for Pressure Power Piping) and B31.3 (Code for Pressure Process Piping)
4) Write design, construction, and procurement specifications, obtain budgetary quotes, and then implement the project once approved.
5) Direct a team of architects, engineers, outside contractors, and internal company labor to complete the mission.
6) Complete or lead the analysis of designs using FEA, Dynamic Analysis, Ansys, Caesar, heat transfer analysis, or other analysis packages
7) Complete Action Items from Design Reviews within the specified time constraints
8) Lead Design Reviews on assigned projects
9) Contribute to the tech community regularly
10) Lead projects with little direction
1) BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2) 5-10 years mechanical design experience
3) Computer Skills – comfortable with email, excel, powerpoint
1) Licensed Professional Engineer
2) MS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
3) 5-10 years of experience within a testing or engine systems organization
4) Demonstrated ability to work affectively across functional boundaries
5) Passion for engineering of Test Facility Infrastructure items.