Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace AS9100
Vandalia, OH 45377
1st shift work will be from 6:00AM to 2:30PM (potential OT)
1. Develop manufacturing processes for New Product Introduction (NPI), 777X Backup Electric Power System (BEPS): document process changes, drive process/fixture improvements, drive lead/cycle time improvements, cost of quality (COQ), and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) actions.
2. Provide Backup Generator (BUG) assembly support for repair & rework, to include non-conformance report (NCR) generation, rework planning instructions, and scrap tickets.
3. Work with the assembly team to ensure understanding of and adherence to the production process, provide technical guidance, and troubleshoot issues.
4. Design necessary tooling & fixtures for manufacturing and process improvements.
5. Participate in failure investigations to determine root cause, containment measures, and corrective actions related to the assembly process.
6. Aid in the investigation of test unit failures; ensure documentation of the issues(s) and the disassembly/reassembly process; provide rework planning instructions to the operators.
The following general skills are desired for all resources:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing or industrial engineering role/environment; strong mechanical ability
• Motor / generator or other rotating machinery design / assembly experience
• Magnetic winding design / assembly experience
• Aerospace manufacturing experience / knowledge of AS9100
• Prior manufacturing process improvement accomplishments
• Ability to interpret detailed engineering design drawings; GD&T experience
• Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite; proficient in use of pivot tables
• Effective communication skills and attention to detail
• Proactive approach; ability to take on ownership of projects and tasking with minimal direction
• Basic project management skills; ability to communicate cross-functionally
• Technical writing; familiarity with manufacturing work instructions