HVAC Mechanical Design Engineer
Flint, MI 48507
- Analytical Skills – Excellent ability to independently use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem using fundamental engineering concepts.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer (internal and external) needs, responds to requests for service and assistance, and consistently meets commitments.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Attendance at work during regularly scheduled shifts and scheduled overtime is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to, being at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
- Use independent judgement and apply engineering principles to perform a wide variety of tasks in the selling, quoting, engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Demonstrate proficiency in reading, interpreting, and creating drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Coordinate and review the work of designers and drafters developing 2D, 3D, and shop fabrication drawings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of chilled water, hot water, condenser water, steam, and plumbing systems.
- Incorporate understanding of standard construction practices and methodologies in the design of modular TMI equipment and coordination with external parties.
- Interface internally with Sales, Estimating, Detailing, Project Management, and Manufacturing departments to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Interface externally with owners, approving engineers, general contractors, installation contractors, controls contractors, and sales representatives as the project requires.
- Analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Investigate equipment failures to diagnose faulty operation or design of existing system and create action plan for service department.
- Specify system components or direct selection of products to ensure conformance with engineering design, performance, and job specifications.