Functional Safety Engineer - manufacturing
HOUSTON, TX 77032
Functional Safety Engineer
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechanics of Materials Engineering.
- Certified Functional Safety Engineering Professional.
- Strong experience with statistics and reliability analysis tools.
- Knowledge of legal and safety regulatory requirements including IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
- Strong understanding of failure rates, failuremodes, detection of failure modes, etc.
- Adv. degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Engineering Mechanics or
- Minimum 3 years experience in the design or maintenance of Functional Safety
certified equipment or systems.
- Support development of SIL capable BOP control systems including SIF loop
architecture development and SIL verification.
- Work closely with multi-functional teams of Technology, Services, Product
Management, Manufacturing, Sourcing and Quality to
- Effectively communicate and documentresults for internal and external
- Interface with TR&S to help indetermination of SIL applicability
- Issue all functional safety (SIL) related documents: e.g. Risk Assessment, SIL
Allocation, SIL Verification, Safety Manual, FMEDA, draft SRS, etc.
- Prepare and deliver functional safety reviews and drive to gain 3rd party certification of SIL rated products/systems