Electrical Designer - Revit, AutoCAD
Columbus, OH 43235
- Use Revit / Revit MEP and AutoCAD / AutoCAD MEP for electrical system design and documentation
- Use AutoCAD for 2D drawing creation and design
- Create and draft the electrical systems (lighting and power) including technology and fire alarm systems for buildings
- Take responsibility for own work produced to a high standard
- Work under Professional Engineer’s supervision and direction under minimum supervision
- Ensure outputs meet the required standards and meet agreed deadlines.
- Proficient with 3D Design - Revit / Revit MEP & AutoCAD / AutoCAD MEP
- Proficient with 2D Design - Auto CAD
- Proven ability to design and draft
- Intermediate understanding of electrical systems (lighting and power)
- Ability to complete COMcheck lighting compliance forms
- Ability and willingness to learn new programs as required by individual project
- Enthusiasm and willing to learn are key attributes to be demonstrated.
- Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
- Ability to work extended hours to meet project deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Good planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills are essential for team-based working
- Strong command of oral and written English
- Two-year associates degree in electrical or related design preferred.
- LEED AP + Specialty preferred.
- 5+ years of engineering design experience in facilities for higher education; health-care; commercial; multi-family; mixed-use; industrial; municipal; libraries and houses of worship.
- Position requires applicant to conform to a non-tobacco or e-cigarettes policy.