Chemical Lab Technician - organic / inorganic
Cincinnati, OH 45213
- Understand and conduct routine tests and analyses used in the QC lab.
- Analyze data from laboratory and plant operations.
- Provide accurate and timely results of testing.
- Use computers to record, document, report and communicate.
- Provide information or instructions to plant processes as needed.
- Maintain documentation and assist in compliance with the QC lab quality system.
- Perform calibration and standardization of instruments and reagents as needed.
- Work with chemicals and laboratory equipment as required.
- Follow all company safety and environmental guidelines.
- Perform administrative tasks related to raw material receiving, customer COA, etc. as needed.
- Maintain expected level of laboratory cleanliness.
- Interact with internal personnel and customers to acquire and exchange information.
- Identify and suggest improvements to existing methods and procedures.
- Provide training to QC technicians and others as needed.
- Provide support for QC instrumentation and infrastructure.
- Assist with development of new methods and procedures.
- Associate Degree in Chemical Science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for chemical science.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrates oral and written communication skills to document work and interact with internal and external contacts.
- Competent in math for chemistry applications.