CNC Programmer - 4 axis
Jacksonville, FL 32221
1.) Experience using Feature based CAM Software to program up to 4-axis CNC turning centers (ZXYC) and 4-axis Machining Centers (ex: SolidCAM, EdgeCAM, FeatureCAM, MasterCAM, GibbsCAM, HSWworks).
2.) Intermediate knowledge of 3D cad modeling software (Solidworks, Inventor or alike) and modeling standards.
3.) Familiarity with Okuma turning and Machining Centers using OSP-P200 & P300 machine controls are strongly preferred.
4.) Ability to program ISO G-code or Okuma G-code formats manually at the machine is a plus.
5.) Experience with Mazak turning centers (2-axis) and Mazatrol Conversational programming Software is a plus.
6.) Experience with twin turret \ twin spindle Turning Centers is a plus.
CNC programming contractor will provide technical support and lead continuous
improvement of machining operations within component machining cell.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
Ownership of all CNC machining improvements within component machining cell. Reduce program cycle times & improve tooling, set-ups, & changeovers to increase output from cell.
Interface with Manufacturing Process Engineers & other departments to identify, root cause, & eliminate defects impacting first pass yield.
Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, partner with hourly operators to eliminate safety concerns, reduce cycle time, and improve yield.
Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution.
Provide leadership in the development & improvement of internal engineering & manufacturing documentation such as work instructions or product routers.
Communicate program & tooling changes broadly across all 3 production shifts to ensure hourly associates are aware of all changes.
Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and passing information to other technicians.
Comply with EHS regulations and policies. Eliminate safety and ergonomic risks.
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the Company Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
4. Training: Aware of and comply with Company training requirements
5. Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming & rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to it?s specification.
6. Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this job type/position
1. Associates degree, or a High School diploma and 5 years technical experience
2. Proficiency to logically troubleshoot machined component defects, using identifiable problem-solving techniques
3. Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
4. Proficiency to understand and interpret conventional engineering drawings & written technical information.
5. Strong GD&T skills & knowledge of standard machine shop practices.
6. Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
7. Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
1. Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
2. 3-5 years of CNC programming &/or operating experience