12 hr. shifts M-F (probably 4am - 4:30pm)
Work 6 hrs. on Saturday for three weeks, fourth Saturday off if needed
May be required to move to a 2am - 2:30pm shift if needed
The CNC Machine Operator II supports manufacturing and engineering by producing production parts, new tools and fixtures. The position is a role with a strong initial focus on process simplification and improvement and must be able to work autonomously and within a team.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
- Development of processes and programs to produce production parts and tools Schedule and track workflow, materials, and resources through the machine shop to satisfy requirements.
- Utilize Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, specifically Haas and Mazak mills and lathes, to produce accurate parts in various quantities to meet development project needs.
- Program at the CNC machines using mazatrol and G code.
- Utilize precision measuring tools to ensure in-process or finished product matched specified tolerances.
- Strong ability to specify tools and machining processes to improve product or tool manufacturing capabilities.
- Complete documentation, in an ERP system, for tracking of time and cost related to development activities.
- Perform routine and/or corrective maintenance on machine shop equipment.
- Comply with HSE regulations and policies.
- Lead teams and projects to drive improvements in processes and documentation.
- High School Diploma/GED or local equivalent, 3-5 or more years technical experience working in a machine shop, programming at the machine, and operating Haas and Mazak mills and lathes CNC machines and other metal working equipment.
- Ability to perform machine tool math.
- Ability to read and understand detailed machine drawings.
- Ability to perform detail oriented work and complete projects on time.
- Basic computer knowledge. Ability to communicate, receive and understand instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Willing to work first or second shift.
Experience operating Haas and Mazak mills and lathes CNC machines and other metal working equipment.