Aviation Buyer - sourcing
Dayton, OH 45414
Support/develop supplier selection roadmap and strategy for Aviation NPI (New Product Introduction) commodities. Identify, select, develop and qualify suppliers. Also, perform price negotiations for long term contracts & execute purchasing activities for existing industrial supply base to meet organization’s priorities. Requires developed and strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
• Define supplier strategy including supplier management and optimization of suppliers
• Lead negotiations and allocate needs to specific suppliers. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc. This also include tactical purchasing activities.
• Actively participate in supplier performance reviews. Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in the own field. Contributes to project as a team member or leads small projects.
• Responsible owning product commodities from sourcing perspective and negotiate terms and conditions & transmit information to Procurement
• Actively participate in or lead project tollgate / project operations reviews and provide regular updates to the team
• Communicate potential risks to the team
• Ability to meet project deadlines for timely execution of new products
• Must follow company policies / guidelines while working with suppliers & promptly take actions to meet business needs
• Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc. This may also include purchasing activities and balancing both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects
• Works together with site leadership team on various projects
• Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done
• Work with cross-functional teams in plant/factory environment to meet specific project objectives