3D modeler/designer to join our structural engineering team. Will work directly with structural engineers on building structures of steel, wood, masonry, and concrete. We currently use Tekla Structures for our BIM software, but would consider switching to Revit if the candidate is capable of managing that change (setting up standards, creating families, training others, etc.).
Typical Day at the Office
We work core hours from 9 to 3, but beyond that everyone sets their own schedule. Modelers are responsible for taking our client's information and working with our structural engineers to create a model of the building structure from which they create structural drawings. Our clients are typically architects or contractors, so the information we get is usually AutoCAD drawings or a Revit model. When time permits, modelers work on our company standards to make modeling easier and more efficient.
- Substantial experience with either Tekla Structures or Revit.
- Deep knowledge of the software including design of custom components or families
- Organizational skills to set up and implement company standards
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- An ability to effectively switch back and forth between projects
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Paid time off for vacation, holidays, sick leave, jury duty, funerals, and donating blood
- Annual Bonuses
- Continuing education assistance
- Flexible work hours
- Up to date work areas and equipment
- Ownership path
- Quiet work environment
- Management that is more focused on quality and employee happiness than on making money and growing just for the sake of growth