WORK MANAGEMENT TRANSMISSION CONSTRUCTION PLANNER
This position reports to the Manager of Midwest Resource Management and supports the Transmission personnel who construct and maintain transmission line and substation assets. The Planner is responsible for the preparation of Work Order packages which includes: scope of the work required, an accurate estimate of the hours required to perform the work and skill set(s) required (substation technicians, relay technicians, operating technicians & line technicians), detailed procedure(s), all special tools, vehicles, and mobile equipment required, detailed parts list with the location of the parts, sketches, drawings, digital photographs as needed to perform the work, technical support contact information, special notes/instructions, vendor support information, safety and environmental information, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required and clearances/applicable tagging required.
The Planner will review the history of the equipment to identify and determine special requirements necessary to successfully complete the work. The Planner will identify any additional construction and/ or maintenance work and projects that could be worked concurrently to gain resource efficiencies. The Planner will document and explain variances in the actual job task work hours versus estimated job task work hours. The Planner must closely monitor the progress and status of work, and is responsible for raising issues to the scheduler, area coordinator, and/or manager to identify areas for improvement and opportunities to improve efficiencies. The Planner may also be required to ensure accurate completion of NERC related documentation.
• HS Diploma and 7-9 Years' experience with Transmission Substations or A Two-year technical degree and 5-7 Years' Experience with Transmission Substations.
• Possesses in-depth knowledge of transmission system and/or Substations/Relay
• Demonstrated working knowledge of PD products and services, infrastructure, and organization
• Valid drivers’ license
• Ability to understand and read prints
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of basic computer skills and programs
• Ability to contribute to team environment