1st (7:30 am - 4:30 pm). Need to be flexible to work weekends, if needed.
- Test Lab Technician to assist in the planning, setup, execution, teardown of instrumentation tests including the in-process/post-test capture, documentation and archiving of test data.
- The desired candidate will have previous experience working in an engineering lab environment taking detailed instrumentation measurements using electrical monitoring instruments such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes, signal analyzers and temperature monitoring equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and attention-to-detail in the setup and log taking of test observations are essential for this role.
- The desired candidate will also have experience in the following:
1) mechanical setup and application of instrumentation (e.g., thermocouples, accelerometers, strain gages, etc.) onto test articles,
2) wiring, soldering and troubleshooting of electrical circuits in instrumentation applications,
3) programming through menu driven user-interface-devices (UID) of test equipment to automatically sequence test evolutions and capture data, and
4) coordination using small hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, etc.) in the mechanical setup of test stands.
- The desired candidate will also have experience working with common computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Associate of Science in Engineering with at least three (3) additional years of electronic technician experience.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills