Sr Quality Assurance Engineer - Aviation
Role Summary : Responsible for testing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. Contributes to quality engineering discussions. Owns medium sized quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members.
• Maintain automation framework using the latest testing techniques (BDD, TDD, Cucumber).
• Support development teams on CI/CD effort using Jenkins.
• Test web applications, APIs, REST web services, big data applications (Hive, Hadoop).
• Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
• Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
• Expert in core data structures and algorithms. Integrates project testing with continuous-integration process.
• Works with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and formulate solutions. Demonstrates the ability to understand, debug and contribute to code base.
• Demonstrates the ability to drive team change for the betterment of the product quality.
• Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
• Provide mentorship to junior level engineers and help them grow to the next level.
• Develops and executes maintainable automation tests for acceptance, functional, and regression test cases.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience