Site Project Information Specialist
- This position provides project engineering support to internal engineering and document strategies departments as well as external parties (A&E firms, vendors, suppliers). This position is a key resource for project information to multi client groups. Will be responsible for managing all engineering and construction project documentation such as: architect and engineering design drawings, vendor submittals, shop drawings, EQ manuals, etc.
- Will be responsible to ensure all documents meet quality standards for processing. Will coordinate with others to obtain missing or incomplete information. Responsible to update logs, databases, corporate applications and servers. Also will coordinate shipments of documentation to and from inside/outside reproduction facilities and sites.
- Technical requirements: Position requires a high level of skill in electronic and hard copy file management. Will be required to receive, retrieve, quality check, prepare, print, scan, upload).
- Candidate MUST be proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office products (especially Windows Explorer, Excel and Outlook.) HUGE PLUS for candidates with experience in eRoom, Citadon and/or ftp. Candidate should be knowledgeable with various file types, especially .tif, .pdf, .dgn, .dwg.
- Equipment requirements: Must have the ability to learn and operate document reproduction equipment effectively (scanning, plotting, printing). Document control requirements: Must be able to learn and apply company and project standards to assigned work with little guidance; ability to communicate standards to others; candidate must have experience in tracking drawings and documents throughout the engineering and construction process, will be required to monitor/track/report on all project drawings and documents.
- Experience requirements: Candidates with previous construction support experience will be considered first. There are no drafting or design responsibilities in this role, however experience in this area will be a plus. Projects and project sites are sometimes fast-paced environments requiring the ability to multi-task and often work independently keeping leads appraised promptly of progress and/or issues. Candidates should possess solid understanding of various types of construction project documents (engineering drawings, operational manuals, specifications, etc.) in order to perform document control and process flow activities supporting engineering construction projects.
- Communication requirements: Position requires the ability to communicate with various levels of staff and management; ability to get along well with others, ability to verbalize or produce weekly status reports, ability to calmly support multiple customer needs in a sometimes fast paced environment.
- Physical requirements: Position requires frequent lifting, candidate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Travel and attendance requirements: Requires a self starter with excellent time management skills. Successful candidate must have and maintain excellent attendance record. Consistent 40 hour weeks are expected Work hours range from 6 am to 6 pm. Work schedule may be changed based upon staffing and workload.