Manage team of employees providing quotes on commodities in the Sales department.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for providing quotes for each of the commodities in soft interior parts.
• Provide the program leads with accurate quotes to roll up into full vehicle assemblies.
• Share proposed quotes with potential customers to try to obtain new business, and retain current business.
• Perform semiannual evaluations and goal setting activities.
• Create and maintain procedures that assist in improving accuracy of quoting and the overall sales performance.
• Develop ongoing training for all Sales team members that relate to the commodities.
• Develop off-site training at the plant level for all Sales employees to ensure a clear understanding of the manufacturing processes.
• Train staff and develop procedures on the quoting of Engineering Change Instruction’s (ECI’s).
• Present management with the ongoing status of department functions.
• Manage the day to day issues that arise in the Commodities department.
• Develop and implement new solutions in commodities.
• Able to effectively supervise team members, perform reviews and manage employee issues.
• Able to manage several programs at one time.
• Provide new team members with training in their job function and develop their skills to negotiate with internal and external customers.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and understand engineering documents such as 2D/3D automotive drawings (component, assembly, and equipment), technical standards, and ECI.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, commissions, proportions, margins, and mark-up.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent math and analytical skills.
• Strong multitasking and organization skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work with a dynamic and demanding team.
• Ability to compile effective and concise visual reports and graphs.
• Ability to communicate and work well with all levels of the organization.
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible in a constantly changing environment.
• Thorough understanding and working knowledge of automotive plants and processes/principles, company products, trade terminology, and manufacturing processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field; or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills required
• Japanese, Portuguese, German, and/or Spanish preferred. Computer/Software:
• Solid working knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office and other computer-based applications (e.g., MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.).
• Drawing Software ( Newton and Brava Reader) Travel: up to 20% of the time.