Engineering Technologist II applies technical expertise to solve more complex problems and management skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop deeper technical skills and the ability to work with an increasing degree of independence. This position is responsible for designing safe, cost effective, reliable power distribution facilities for new residential, commercial and industrial projects, including area and street lighting.
The Engineering Technologist II is one of Distribution’s primary face-to-face contacts with customers (both internal and external), requiring them to develop relationships with customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, city officials, etc.
Engineering Technologist II applies technical expertise to solve more complex problems and management skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision. A primary task of this position is developing deeper technical skills in distribution construction and design and the ability to work with an increasing degree of independence to serve a variety of customers. This position is responsible for storm response and could involve after-hours work and/or travel.
Duties and Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to the following
· Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise
· Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
· Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with some guidance
· Conducts engineering and related studies
· Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
· Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills. Maintains accurate records and files.
· Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally