- Must be able to make models using existing seed parts and then assemble those parts together using the appropriate mates.
- An understanding of configuration management and PLM systems is required.
- Role Summary/Purpose
- A Drafter/Designer support position within the Company F&PT Engineering department.
- Essential Responsibilities
- In the role of Drafter/Designer you will:
- Construct 2D and 3D component, sub-assembly, and assembly drawings from sketches or red lined prints using Solid Works.
- Correct or revise drawings by incorporating specific drawing changes, Engineering change notices (ECN), checkers notations, or related information
- Makes revisions including dimensioning and scaling. Updates ERP system (SAP) information as it relates to the drawing revisions and release
- Understands and uses ASME Y14.5 GD&T, Engineering Drafting Standards and Document Control practices appropriately
- Create and modify Bills of Materials (BOM) and enter into the ERP (SAP) system
- Communicates with senior designers, drafting supervisor and project engineers to resolve design questions
- Machining/Manufacturing experience is desirable
- Associate's Degree in drafting or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in drafting and design