· Managing and overseeing all safety programs, documentation and training. Managing the Plant Safety Director and all efforts to maintain safety and to continuously improve the safety culture.
· Working with the Production Manager to maintain quality standards and quality checks. Review and initiate corrective action for non-conforming product.
· Analyzing available metrics and data as to ways to improve efficiency, product yield, and profitability. Monitor invoices and revenue to control monthly financials.
· Managing the overall efficiency of the plant by monitoring output, expenses, overtime etc.
· Overseeing and making crucial decisions with regards to Human Resources including assisting HR in hiring, firing, promoting, demoting personnel.
· Aiding in discussion about employee retention and training, as well as wages and benefits suggestions/discussions.
· Managing and approving all purchases in the plant including maintenance parts, production supplies, and additional needs
· Keeping the maintenance department on task and on target with repairs and preventative maintenance to reduce machine downtime. Budget and negotiate machine upgrades and improvements when needed
· Maintaining a clean and healthy work environment by ensuring machine cleaning, facility cleaning and general facility upgrades
· Managing the supervision personnel by maintaining standard weekly meetings regarding scheduling, maintenance and upcoming goals.