- Education: Minimum High School with some technical training.
- Braze or Welding Certification (AWS) a big plus
- Minimum 5 years of previous Experience with Brazing. Preferably in a HVAC manufacturing environment- experience brazing preferably with Cu/Cu tubing either by torch or induction braze processes.
- Understanding of Fundamentals of good brazing.
- Knowledge of setting up Braze Workstation, torch adjustment and safety requirements
- Properly adjust the torch flame for Neutral or Reducing Flame.
- Understanding of leak factors and pressures in a Sealed System
- Definition of Braze Quality Indicators- Initiate Corrective Action on quality issues (rework and scrap).
- Evaluation of Braze joints – sections, peel off, grading?
- Must have experience in evaluating and examining braze joints (quality experience).
- Cause and Effect knowledge about braze defects
- How does braze defects impact Sealed System?
- What are various consumables for Brazing Cu, Aluminum, Steels
- Perform high quality brazing operations on Cu/Cu and Stl./Cu tubes.
- Understanding of various types of fluxes and their capabilities
- Understanding of Fuel gases and their heating capacities (BTU/volume)
- Understanding of various braze alloys, fluxes and their applications a plus.
- Training and Coaching experience? Experience as Coach/Trainer a plus. Should be able to communicate and train operators.